Having a pre-wedding photo shoot to some couples is just as important as an actual day wedding photo shoot. This is simply because they are able to pick and choose any exotic, romantic or nostalgic location that they like. Also, the actual wedding day may be too hectic for a staged photo shoot, so doing one prior to the wedding allows the couple to relax and take their time in posing for photographs that will last a lifetime.
Malaysia is full of beautiful and scenic locations that provide the perfect backdrop to a romantic photo. Our talented wedding photographers share some of their best portfolios for pre-wedding photo shoots around Malaysia.
1. Pangkor Laut Resort is located in Pulau Pangkor, Perak. This is one of the nearest islands to those living in Klang Valley. The drive up north to Lumut jetty only takes 2 hours, then take a 40-minute ferry ride and you’ll arrive at this beautiful island.
2. Melaka is a city of history, culture and heritage that is very dear to the hearts of Malaysians. From pre-independence buildings, tourist attractions and unique park landscapes, no wonder it is the preferred destination for pre-wedding photo shoots.
3. Sekeping Tenggiri, located in Bangsar, is a sibling of Sekeping Serendah and Sekeping Pinang. For those who prefer a rustic and bare backdrop with lots of greenery, this is a good choice for an in-town pre-wedding photo shoot location.
4. Penang is also famous for its architecture as well as the combination of Malay, Chinese, Indian, and Peranakan heritage. The island has so many unique views perfect for a photography backdrop. UNESCO World Heritage sites, the beaches and the interesting cultural streets around Georgetown would make your pre-wedding photos look amazing.
5. Langkawi Island is the biggest island in Peninsular Malaysia. It has the right balance of modernity and old-age tradition – from the marina bay and 5-star resorts, to paddy fields and fishing villages, making it perfectly picturesque.
6. Miri is a famous city in the Oil and Gas industry located in the Borneo Islands. The beautiful sunset that this city has got to offer makes for a gorgeous pre-wedding photo shoot.
7. KLIA Green Park is located in Sepang, near to the Kuala Lumpur International Airport. The park is open to the public and has more than 200 species of plants. So if you are a nature lover, KLIA Green Park should be on your list of potential locations to choose.
8. Port Dickson, Negeri Sembilan is a popular beach getaway destination for those who live in Kuala Lumpur and Selangor. Although the waters of this Selat Melaka beach are not crystal clear, it still offers a magnificent view just like any other beach.
9. Pulau Indah KTM, Selangor should be considered for those who just love a ‘cheesy’ photo shoot. Two people madly in love with each other, wearing their best attire, posing on an abandoned train wagon, it feels like one of those magical moments from a classic Bollywood movie.
10. Dusun Garden Fairies is a private property in Hulu Langat, Selangor. Upon entering the property, you’ll notice a big tree-house in between the durian trees. It is a perfect location not just for a nature-themed pre-wedding photo shoot, but for a wedding ceremony as well.
11. Sri Ghothanda Ramar Temple is one of the best temple architectures in Perak. Capture beautiful photos at this holy place before or after the wedding ceremony.
12. Kuala Lumpur City Centre is a large canvas decorated with world-class skyscrapers. Find a location near the area with open-air decks or rooftop if you wish to have the majestic KL skyline as a backdrop. The Central Market and other colonial buildings around KL are great for a photo shoot too.
13. The Banjaran Hotsprings and Retreat in Ipoh offers magnificent views of the rainforest, waterfall and natural caves. Basically, everything that nature has to offer! Now, who wouldn’t want any of that as the stunning background a photo shoot?
14. Cameron Highland is famous for its tea plantation sites and beautiful landscape. With the new Simpang Pulai Exit, driving up to Cameron Highland is more tolerable for those with motion sickness.
15. Universiti Putra Malaysia is located in the Serdang district of Selangor. Those who drive along the KL-Seremban highway would definitely notice this green field with big trees and lakes. This location is very popular among photographers not just for a pre-wedding photo shoot but for post-wedding and family photo shoots too.
16. Sekinchan is located in Sabak Bernam of Selangor. This district has two main attractions which are the fishing village and paddy fields. If you are born and bred in the city, perhaps a back-to-basics themed photo shoot in Sekinchan would be an interesting option for you.
17. Taiping, Perak also have a lot of interesting places and architecture that provide a perfect photography backdrop. Doesn’t matter if it is for a pre-wedding or a post-wedding photo shoot, you’ll get plenty of good shots for sure.
18. Pulau Lang Tengah, Terengganu is the go-to destination for couples who want to have crystal clear water and white sandy beaches as the backdrop for their pre-wedding photo shoot. Make sure you are well-prepared for the journey to the island as it can only be reached by ferry or boat via Merang jetty.
19. The Sepang Gold Coast coastline offers a picture-perfect background for a pre-wedding photo shoot. This location is approximately a two-hour drive from Kuala Lumpur city centre, making it possible to make a day-trip for the photo shoot session.
20. Kapalai Island Resort is one of the most famous resorts among divers from all over the world. Located in the Sipadan Island of Sabah, this place offers water chalets with a panoramic view of the Celebes Sea. This resort is also a famous honeymoon destination.