We collect certain information that you provide to us when you use our services, such as when you create an account or submit recommendations. This may include your name, email, contact number and location.
If you create an account using your Facebook account (or other supported social network account), we will access and collect the information that your privacy settings on that account permit us to access so that we can create your RecomN account for you. We can also collect the contact information of your friends, if you choose to connect your contacts and address book information with your account, so that you can connect with your friends when you use our services.
We also automatically collect certain information when you use our services, like the Internet Protocol (IP) address (if using a browser), operating system, the browser type, the address of a referring site, your location (if you enable this feature), and a device identifier (if using a mobile device). You can enable or disable location services when you use our Services at any time, through your browser or mobile device settings.
We also automatically collect certain information through the use of “cookies.” A cookie is a small data file that your browser places on your computer that helps us better understand how you interact with and use our site. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit.
How information is used
We use the information we collect for the purposes described below:
- to provide our services and related services or information you request, and to process and complete any transactions; to respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests, and complaints and provide customer service;
- to personalise and improve our services and your experiences when you use our services;
- to increase the functionality and user friendliness of our services;
- to monitor and analyse usage and trends of our services and our sites,
- to send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, our services;
- to send you recommendations and advertisements tailored to your interests;
- to find and connect with your friends (when instructed by you);
- to interact with and use our services with your friends; and
- for any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We will not share the personal information we have collected from you, except as described below:
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- when you explicitly allow RecomN.com Verified Pros to see your contact details so they contact you directly in regards to a request that you have submitted;
- with certain social network services and sites, if you allow such sharing;
- with your friends with whom you want to connect with, and according to the preferences set in your account;
- with service providers who are working with us in connection with the operation of our services and our sites (these service providers may have access to your personal information but only to the extent necessary to perform services on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose that information or use it for any other purposes);
- we may share aggregated information and non-identifiable information that does with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling, research, analysis and other similar purposes;
- when we believe that we are legally authorised or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to subpoenas, warrants or court orders;
- in connection with any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where user information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets.
We may share aggregated or anonymous information (about you but does not identify you) with third parties:
- for usage analytics to help us better understand who is using our services and how;
- to improve the relevancy of the ads you see on our services and to tailor them to your interests; and
- for industry analysis, demographic profiling, research, analysis and other similar purposes.
Links to other websites
We employ administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access, however, despite these efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. In the event that your personal information is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will promptly notify you if your personal information has been compromised as required by applicable law.
If you would like us to delete your personal information from our system, please contact us at [email protected] with a request that we delete your personal information from our database. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request; however, we may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for other legitimate business purposes.